Wednesday, April 15, 2015

No Man's Land - I


While my earlier post was about occupations that I came across the journey of life, there have also been moments when it was all peaceful, very few people in sight, and a kind of loneliness that is today a luxury in this chaotic world of ours. Here are some such glimpses.





This photograph was taken at Ramappa lake in Warangal district of United Andhra Pradesh. I was staying in the state tourism owned hotel, Haritha, right on the edge of the lake, where I had arrived late at night. Waking up to a drizzly morning, this is the sight that awaited me. And what a sight it was. Beautiful. Calm. Serene.




One of those patches of land that has now come under the scope of 'Development'. A mango grove till a few months ago, this plot of land near the Maharashtra Gujarat border is now being carved up into plots for idyllic homes for people away from the hustle and bustle of the cities.



I used to cross this place every week, every year, for a few days. And notice the change in scenery. Kids taking bath sometimes under that pump, woman going to it to fill the vessels. And then one day, this.



An emptiness of today's life, pasts left behind in little town and cities, while hunting for future in the rat race. Today's Truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment